top of page

Articles of Amendment

Are you making a fundamental change to your company such as changing your company name or modifying the number of authorized shares? 

US ProCorp can help.

In most states, if a business is making any changes to an existing corporation or LLC the state will require an Amendment to be filed. Amendments are official notifications to the state of changes within the organization of your company.

An Amendment would need to be filed for any and all changes to your Articles of Incorporation or Articles of Organization such as:

  • Changes to the Company Name

  • Changes to the Registered Agent Information

  • Company Business Address

  • Director or Member Information

  • Number of Authorized Shares

  • Business Activities of the company

  • Articles of Amendment FAQ’s


Do I need to file an Amendment if I want to change my company name?
Yes, in most states, a company is required to file Articles of Amendment to change the name of a corporation or Limited Liability Company (LLC).

What if my company relocates its offices?
Generally speaking, the address on record with the secretary of state’s office is the registered office address of the company.  As such, your company may be required to file Articles of Amendment to change the address of the company if the address that is on record with the state is the address from which you are relocating from.

What if I would like to authorize more shares for my company?
Generally speaking, since your total authorized shares are listed on your Articles you would need to file an amendment for this type of change.

What if you miss the S Corporation election deadline?
A late election to be an S Corporation generally is effective for the tax year following the tax year beginning on the date entered on line E of Form 2553. However, relief for a late election may be available if the corporation can show that the failure to file on time was due to reasonable cause.

Filing an Amendment to Articles of Incorporation or Organization

Maintaining your company in good standing is an ongoing process.US PtoCorp is here to assist you every step of the way and can easily process and file the Articles of Amendment on behalf of your company for a minimal service fee.

If you are interested in having US PtoCorp process and file the Articles of Amendment on behalf of your company, we can help by saving you both time and money with service that is fast, reliable, and affordable in processing the documents required to file your Amendment.

And remember, our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.  We make everything easy for you so that you can focus on what you do best – running your business!


Business Filings Processing Times

Standard: 2-4 weeks
Rush: 1-2 weeks (additional fees apply)

*Service fees shown above DO NOT include Shipping & Handling.
Additional state fees may apply and will be quoted upon order confirmation. Prices subject to change without notice.


bottom of page